Stephen founded Kirshon & Company, P.C. in 1970. He is a recognized expert in the areas of tax and business planning, litigation support, and business valuations. He has an extensive history with medical practices, as well as other businesses, which include:
- Growing a four-doctor practice into the largest medical group in the county with hands-on management support
- Assisting with the establishment of a surgery center
- Merging practices
- Negotiating employment and vendor contracts and buy/sell agreements
- Implementing electronic records and other software for medical practices (and many other clients)
- Designing, evaluating and implementing retirement plans
- Pioneering urgent care in Dutchess County.
Stephen Kirshon’s long career as a Certified Public Accountant, coupled with his expertise in the medical management field and understanding of Stark law provisions have established him as a valuable and trusted advisor for businesses that range from small start-ups to thriving companies. Some of these businesses were ultimately acquired by public companies. Many are market leaders today. He is well known in the community, having served in leadership roles on boards of several corporate and charitable organizations. He is often appointed by Supreme Court Justices as an expert in business and valuation matters.
Stephen received his B.S. Degree in Accounting from Syracuse University and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.